3/01/2012

Letter From A Patient of Raided Greenwell Cooperative

I am so upset with the City of Vallejo and how they have their priorities all messed up. I have a medical marijuana card due to many problems -- brain tumor, degenerative osteoarthritis with multiple surgeries, and other issues. My husband and I tried multiple times to grow our own only to be repeatedly robbed.



I have been given the OK by my neurosurgeon and orthopedic surgeon to use it for pain control. In fact I just had another major surgery and repeatedly vomited due to pain meds in hospital and asked my MD to let me go home early since the marijuana works better on bone pain control and once home, better control of pain. When I had a knee replaced years ago is when I let my MD know about my pot use. He wondered why I had done so well without much pain medication.

Why, with all the problems Vallejo has, did the Chief of Police want to focus on the club that helps so many of us elderly ill patients? They did not just sell stuff to smoke. They have CDB capsules which help a 94-year-old man, foods for them to use to control pain, and many educational opportunities. Greenwell is where I felt safe going to.
I hear there are 24 more clubs -- where are they and what is Vallejo doing about them? The city voted to tax the clubs to get the revenue they needed and then did something like this. I feel so sorry for Mr. Shotwell, who went out of his way to help the City of Vallejo, only to be arrested. Even that the city did not do right.
We moved out of Vallejo
last year after living there all our lives due to so much violence in our great East Vallejo Home. How sad for what was a great place to live years ago now has changed. Better to send police to arrest Mr. Shotwell rather than respond to gun shots or suspicious activity. What a shame for all of us.The tax on marijuana could have paid for more police. We still love our Vallejo and shop there but had to move away for safety.

Kathy Beierschmitt
Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment