8/12/2012

Evaluation and Rating of Oakland 420 Evaluations

Evaluation and rating of Oakland 420 Evaluations.

I will be evaluating and rating many Bay Area dispensaries, collectives, and delivery services in the near future and posting my results here for all to read.
The dispensaries and those organizations providing medicine will face a tough critic in myself. I will favor none and be honest about all of my experiences. I have an extensive background in retail management and have ran several business.
As a consultant I provided detailed evaluations to CEO's so I think I'm well qualified and can provide a sound opinion other patients in the Bay Area will be able to trust.



Oakland 420 Evaluations is part of a group of 420 Eval centers throughout California. This organization has had problems in the past in which thousands of patients recommendations were nullified because the doctor listed on their forms was not licensed to practice medicine.
I do not believe this doctor worked at the Oakland location but I may be wrong.
At several of their locations they also sold "Growing Licenses" to patients for $250 that were totally bogus. There is no such thing mentioned in Prop 215 or SB 420 about growing licenses.
I chose Oak 420 Eval. because of their suspiciously low price with a coupon I found online. $50 for a doctors recommendation for medical marijuana good for one year.
They accept walk ins so I printed the coupon and directions and began the 45 minute drive to Oakland with my driver E.
She found the place very easy to find, right off the highway. Parking was not a problem.
As far as the neighborhood, it wasn't too bad, but it's Oakland so don't get shot y'all...I'm just kidding chill out people. But seriously it's Oakland someone got arrested right outside within 5 minutes of us being there.

The inside was gross. Dirty carpet and 3 rows of grungy plastic chairs that looked like they were stolen from a restaurant back in the 1970's. There was a movie playing on loop, some random old film, the walls had pictures of cannabis buds chopped out of magazines right next to signs that said
"No cannabis allowed on premises".
It reeked of fine marijuana in the building. 
I checked in with the "receptionist" and was told I'd have to wait 10-15 minutes. Now to me that's just enough time to roll up a chop and burn it to da nub. So I did. E stayed inside she was scared.
Anyhow I was called back to the doc's office and I immediately knew where that stench of weed was coming from. Well the stench in the building, outside it was from me and my Kush doobie...LOL.
Doc asked me about my history, my use of other meds for my condition, if i had used cannabis before and we chopped it up for a minute bout some Bay Area shit (on tha real) and he gave me my recommendation.
I checked out his license in Cali to make sure it was valid and it sure was....


Although the pic of the doc I saw online when I verified was of a 60 sumthing year old white guy. The doc I saw was a 40 sumfin brotha.
But $50 and I'm good.
Would I send people to Oakland 420 Evaluations? Ya but I'd let them know that it's shady. Maybe legit, probably, but kinda sketchy.


Folks in Napa look for a new collective.

No comments:

Post a Comment