12/03/2012

Stopped By Police Again #16

Once again stopped by local police tonite. On my bike crossing an intersection at high speed on my way to Target. Literally a block away.
Anyhow the usual are you on probation or parole, do you have anything illegal on you...both no. Do you use drugs?
"I am a medical marijuana user."
He checked me for warrants, I know I'm clean but damn once a cop almost took me in on somebody elses warrant. So that waiting is always kinda stressful cuz, well I don't hold much trust in the system.
So the officer asked where you going, i said Target man. He asked if he could search me.
I realized for the first time in nearly 4 years, 15 encounters with local PD, I had the right to say no. I had no reason to say no, I didn't have anything illegal on me, never do...well I had a couple Cubans once but that's it.
I digress, I answered no to his question for no other reason than because I wanted to start to take my life back. Being a felon ain't no joke, being known as a felon is devastatingly prejudicial. I chose to answer the way I did to see if the officer would respect my wishes and thus give me some level of respect from the Police which I haven't received in 14 out of 15 prior experiences.
He did not search me, he did inquire on an off base topic, but he didn't search me.
You feel like shit when you get searched. It's humiliating. It's demeaning when it happens repeatedly by same officers and they never find anything illegal. They have some wild imaginations and are way off base too often but I don't do their job so I don't know the why and etc.
So mixed feelings about #16. Another incident where the officer saw something that wasn't there ( I'm not giving it a drip of ink), but he did not search me when I asked him not to.
I committed one crime in my life. I served time. Im an ex felon but nothing has made me feel more like a criminal than contact I've had with Napa PD. I've been ridiculed, laughed at, disrespected, lifted off the ground by my balls while being searched, stopped 16+ times by Napas finest, had my legal medicine taken, by some of our towns cops.
My last two experiences have had a silver lining. I don't know if I'm giving credit where it ain't due, but thank you Officer Thomas Keener for not searching me. I dunno why you didn't, but I'd like to think you were giving me some level of respect.

Nothing makes you feel more like a piece of crap when your treated and perhaps mistakingly seen as a piece of crap. That's exactly how most nearly all officers have treated me in my contact with them. Real spit.

Hey uh can y'all spread da word dat I'm one of tha good guys? Maybe like circulate a flyer around the dept? I mean stop me if I'm doing something illegal ya for sure, but this let's find a reason to stop him and see if he's clean shit gotta stop. Been clean 16+ times. Odds are another 16 gonna be clean too. Do what you all do though I ain't hatin.
Maybe I'll have a BBQ invite the cops and we can get to know each other so when they see me they'll say hello instead of wanting to stop me. I'm serious. But that's not possible is it?



- Posted from my jailbroken iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment